Château de Saint-Chamant

Back to results


The castle in Saint-Chamant (a listed monument) overlooks a beautiful valley, with a view of the Cantal mountains. It is composed of a donjon from the 15th century (military origin). It was amongst others a Robert de Balsac ' fief who was Seneschal of Agenais and Chamberlain of the King. In the 17th century, the Lignerac family, future Caylus Dukes built a main building where tapestries from Aubusson are on view.
Since 1783, the owner has tried to keep this place lively. As well as the tapestries from Aubusson, you can admire ones from Flandres (16th century), an altarpiece in the chapel (17th century), a big staircase and panellings.


Pets accepted

Pets accepted : No


Toilets, Exhibition space, Car park, Coach parking, Private parking

Language spoken



Coach access, Set down on-site for groups, Guided tours

Min group size

Min group size : 20

Means of payment

  • Check
  • Cash

Language spoken for the visit

  • French

Others Informations

  • Free under : 7


Full price 6.00 EUR
Reduced price 4.00 EUR
Adult 6.00 EUR
Teenager 4.00 EUR
Large family 4.00 EUR
Group adults 4.00 EUR
Group children 4.00 EUR
Set price group adults 4.00 EUR


From 01/07 to 31/08/2024
Daily between 2
30 pm and 6
30 pm

Contact / Location

Route des Estives
Le château
15140, Saint-Chamant
Château de Saint-Chamant